Can Calculus Solve Quantum Physics? (w/ Steven Strogatz), Full Moon Behavior, and Why You Complain About “Kids These Days”
Learn about why if you complain about “kids these days,” your memory may be to blame; whether a full moon really leads to strange behavior; and whether calculus can help us solve the mysteries of quantum mechanics, with special guest Steven Strogatz.
Additional resources from Steven Strogatz:
- “Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe” on Amazon — https://amzn.to/36bLz3d
- Additional publications — https://amzn.to/2MT4d8j
- Steven Strogatz official website — http://www.stevenstrogatz.com/
- Cornell University profile — https://math.cornell.edu/steven-strogatz
- Google Scholar profile — https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FxyRWlcAAAAJ
- Follow @stevenstrogatz on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stevenstrogatz
Other sources discussed:
- Lunacy and the Full Moon | Scientific American — https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/lunacy-and-the-full-moon/
- It’s Just a Phase: The Supermoon Won’t Drive You Mad | Live Science — https://www.livescience.com/7899-moon-myths-truth-lunar-effects.html
- Does crime increase when the moon is full? | EurekaAlert! — https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-10/nyu-dci102919.php
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.