Dark Matter, Spite Houses, Digits of Pi Needed, and Measuring Your Passion and Perseverance
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com — and talk to theoretical astrophysicist Katie Mack about dark matter — to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- How Many Digits of Pi Do We Actually Need?
- Spite Houses Are Buildings Designed to Annoy the Neighbors
- The Grit Scale Measures Your Passion and Perseverance
More from Dr. Katherine “Katie” Mack, theoretical astrophysicist and cosmologist:
- Katie Mack’s official website
- Research website
- Blog: The Universe, in Theory
- YouTube series “Pint in the Sky”
- “Pint in the Sky” podcast
Want to support our show? Register for the 2018 Podcast Awards and nominate Curiosity Daily to win for People’s Choice, Education, and Science & Medicine. Just register at the link and select Curiosity Daily from the drop-down menus (no need to pick nominees in every category): https://curiosity.im/podcast-awards-2018
Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!