Hand and Eye Dominance Causes, Real vs. Fake Laughter, and Video Games for Teaching Empathy
Test how well you can tell real laughter from fake laughter; learn how scientists used a video game to teach children empathy; and learn what causes eye, hand, and foot dominance.
- Can You Tell Fake Laughter from Real Laughter? — https://curiosity.im/2B4Lek2
- Scientists Used Video Games to Teach Children Empathy — https://curiosity.im/2wOq8oU
Plus, we discuss hand/eye dominance using the following research:
- More than 500,000 years of right-handedness in Europe | Taylor & Francis — https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/1357650X.2010.529451
- Left-handedness: Genes and matter of chance | Genetic Literacy Project — https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/08/29/left-handedness-genes-and-a-matter-of-chance/
- Footedness of left- and right-handers | American Journal of Psychology — https://www.jstor.org/stable/1421487?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
- Sighting dominance, handedness, and visual acuity preference: three mutually exclusive modalities? | Opthalmic & Physiological Optics — https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1046/j.1475-1313.2001.00549.x
- What being right or left-handed says about your brain | Quartz — https://qz.com/659767/what-being-right-or-left-handed-says-about-your-brain/
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!