How Babies Handle Vaccines (w/ Paul Duprex), Sniffing Is Contagious, and Albino Ghost Trees
Learn about why sniffing is contagious; and, how one biologist solved the mystery of a rare tree that scientifically shouldn’t exist, but does. Plus, virologist Paul Duprex explains how vaccines work in babies and in people with a weakened immune system.
- Sniffing is Contagious, Like Yawning and Laughing — https://curiosity.im/2ECFVu5
- Albino Ghost Trees Shouldn’t Exist — But They Do — https://curiosity.im/2EAdmgU
Additional resources from Paul Duprex, director of the Center for Vaccine Research at the University of Pittsburgh and a professor of microbiology and cellular genetics:
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Vaccine Research — http://cvr.pitt.edu/
- Paul Duprex on Twitter — https://twitter.com/10queues
- @PittCVR on Twitter — https://twitter.com/PittCVR
- Measles: Why it’s so deadly, and why vaccination is so vital | The Washington Post — https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/measles-why-its-so-deadly-and-why-vaccination-is-so-vital/2019/02/15/a452e5c4-2fd0-11e9-8ad3-9a5b113ecd3c_story.html
- Research from Paul Duprex — https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=duprex+wp%5Bauthor%5D
- Pitt Announces New Director of the Center for Vaccine Research — https://www.upmc.com/media/news/duprex-announcement
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.