Microwaveable Metals, Athlete Nature vs. Nurture, The House On The Rock, and Supernova-Skipping Stars
Learn about what we discovered when astronomers watched a star turn directly into a black hole; new science into how much your genes determine your athleticism; why some materials shouldn’t go in the microwave; and one of the strangest places in the country: the House on the Rock.
- Astronomers Once Watched a Star Turn Directly into a Black Hole
- The House on the Rock Is the Tourist Trap to End All Tourist Traps
- Are Some People Just Natural-Born Athletes? Science Has an Answer
Additional resources discussed:
- What Should and Shouldn’t I Microwave? | Lifehacker
- Here’s Why Fruit and Vegetables Spark in the Microwave
Please tell us about yourself and help us improve the show by taking our listener survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/curiosity-listener-survey
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron!
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!