Modern and Ancient Cities Faced the Same Problems (w/ Monica L. Smith), Ear Dominance
Learn about the similarities between problems facing ancient and modern cities from author Monica L. Smith, an archaeologist and professor in the department of anthropology at UCLA. You’ll also learn about whether you have a dominant ear.
Get your copy of “Cities: The First 6,000 Years” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Y6t7nE
Additional resources from Monica L. Smith:
- “Cities: The First 6,000 Years” — https://amzn.to/2Y6t7nE
- UCLA Faculty Profile (Anthropology) — https://anthro.ucla.edu/faculty/monica-l-smith
- UCLA Faculty Profile (Archaeology) — https://ioa.ucla.edu/people/monica-l-smith
- Research from Monica L. Smith — https://ucla.academia.edu/MonicaLSmith
Other resources discussed:
- Side biases in humans (Homo sapiens): three ecological studies on hemispheric asymmetries | Springer Nature — https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00114-009-0571-4
- Most People Prefer Right Ear for Listening | Live Science — https://www.livescience.com/9679-people-prefer-ear-listening.html
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.