Respecting Others with Hanlon’s Razor, What If the World Went Vegan, and Dancing Cockatoos
Learn about a cockatoo that proves humans aren’t the only animals who can dance; mental models like Hanlon’s razor for reducing anxiety and getting along better with others, with some help from authors Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann; and, what would happen if the world went vegan.
Additional resources from Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann:
- Pick up “Super Thinking: The Big Book of Mental Models” on Amazon — https://amzn.to/2LFRgi5
- Gabriel Weinberg official website — https://ye.gg/
- About DuckDuckGo — https://duckduckgo.com/about
- Follow Gabriel Weinberg @yegg on Twitter — https://twitter.com/yegg
- Follow Lauren McCann @LilBunnyFuted on Twitter — https://twitter.com/LilBunnyFuted
Other resources discussed:
- Veggie-based diets could save 8 million lives by 2050 and cut global warming | University of Oxford — http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2016-03-22-veggie-based-diets-could-save-8-million-lives-2050-and-cut-global-warming#
- What would happen if the world suddenly went vegetarian? | BBC — http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160926-what-would-happen-if-the-world-suddenly-went-vegetarian
- Simulating a meat-free America | Phys.org — https://phys.org/news/2017-11-simulating-meat-free-america.html
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.