Saving Cats from Kidney Disease with AI (w/ Kay O’Donnell) and Eye Contact Reduces Lying
Learn about why eye contact can make you more honest. Then, you’ll learn about RenalTech, the first AI-based diagnostic tool in veterinary medicine, and how it could enable early prediction of chronic kidney disease to save cats’ lives, from special guest Kay O’Donnell.
Resources from Kay O’Donnell, Vice President of the WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute:
- [Press Release] New AI-driven diagnostic tool can predict chronic kidney disease in cats two years before traditional diagnosis | WALTHAM Petcare Science Institute — https://www.waltham.com/news-events/biomarkers/new-ai-driven-diagnostic-tool-can-predict-chronic-kidney-disease-in-cats-two-years-before-traditional-diagnosis/5860/
- [Published Study] Predicting early risk of chronic kidney disease in cats using routine clinical laboratory tests and machine learning | Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, September 2019 — https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jvim.15623
- RenalTech: New Diagnostic Tool Can Predict CKD in Cats Two Years Before Onset | Today’s Veterinary Practice — https://todaysveterinarypractice.com/renaltech-new-diagnostic-tool-can-predict-ckd-in-cats-two-years-before-onset/
- Predicting Disease: The Promise of Artificial Intelligence for Pet Care | Clinician’s Brief — https://www.cliniciansbrief.com/article/predicting-disease-promise-artificial-intelligence-pet-care
- Antech signals ‘new era of innovation’ with first AI-powered veterinary diagnostic | AnimalPharm — https://animalpharm.agribusinessintelligence.informa.com/AP016298/Antech-signals-new-era-of-innovation-with-first-AIpowered-veterinary-diagnostic
- Eye contact reduces lying | ScienceDaily — https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/11/181109122629.htm
- Study PDF — https://trepo.tuni.fi/bitstream/10024/105228/1/Eye%20Contact%20Reduces%20Lying_2018.pdf
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.