Surprising Science of Glass (w/ Nick Uhas), Satellite Tethers, and Map Coloring Math
Learn about futuristic tethers that could help us stop making a mess in space; how we finally solved a deceptively simple mathematics mystery; and, the surprising science of glass, with special guest Nick Uhas.
- Futuristic Tethers Could Help Satellites De-Orbit When They Die — https://curiosity.im/2XryS2E
- This Map-Coloring Problem Was a Century-Old Mathematics Mystery — https://curiosity.im/2XsnYtx
Additional resources from Nick Uhas:
- Watch “Blown Away” on Netflix — https://netflix.com/blownaway
- Corning Museum of Glass — https://www.cmog.org/
- Subscribe to Nick Uhas on YouTube — https://www.youtube.com/user/NickUhas
- Follow @NickUhas on Twitter — https://twitter.com/nickuhas/
- Follow @NickUhas on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/nickuhas/
- Nick Uhas’ official website — https://www.nickuhas.com/
Want to support our show? Register for the 2019 Podcast Awards and nominate Curiosity Daily to win for People’s Choice, Education, and Science & Medicine. After you register, simply select Curiosity Daily from the drop-down menus (no need to pick nominees in every category): https://curiosity.im/podcast-awards-2019
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.