Your Brain’s Binary Bias, How to Choose Charities, and Why Dogs Look Like Their Owners
Learn about why your brain jumps to extremes; how to choose the best charitable cause for your next donation; and why dogs really do look like their owners.
- SKILLSHARE: Get two months of unlimited access to more than 20 thousand classes for just 99 cents at http://skillshare.com/curious
- Your Binary Bias Makes It Hard to See in Shades of Gray — https://curiosity.im/2DNFVcq
- Here’s How to Choose the Best Charitable Cause for Your Donation — https://curiosity.im/2DKKfJN
- Dogs Really Do Look Like Their Owners — But It Doesn’t Stop There — https://curiosity.im/2DM9wmD
Additional resources discussed:
- GuideStar — https://www.guidestar.org/Home.aspx
- Charity Navigator — https://www.charitynavigator.org/
- CharityWatch — https://www.charitywatch.org/home
Please tell us about yourself and help us improve the show by taking our listener survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/curiosity-listener-survey
If you love our show and you’re interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You’ll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron!
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!